Monday, February 25, 2013

Kiel James Patrick



I should start off this post by warning you that I have a slight [read: huge] obsession with the whole Kiel James Patrick brand. I found KJP a little over a year ago, and I am so glad I did. Their Made in America bracelets, belts, bags, and ties are unique to anything else I have ever seen before. The use of colored ropes, silk fabrics, and anchor clasps are just a few examples of what made me fall in love with the products. The lovely duo behind the brand name could not be any cuter. They are exactly where I would love to be in ten to fifteen years. It is no joke when I say I would love to be Sarah and Kiel. They post adorable pictures of each other on Instagram as well as on their blogs, which I will link below. They share a passion for their work and for the nautical New England life and it shows through in everything that they do. I could ramble on for days about how they are the perfect role models and such, but I should probably get into discussing the products before I bore you to death.

The first item I ever saw from KJP was the Turks Head Sailor Bracelet. I found a picture of the braided rope bracelet on Tumblr and obsessed over finding one for myself. While sailing in New England this summer, I stumbled upon a store that sold the bracelet and bought it without second thought. I was so excited to finally own an infamous KJP bracelet. Little did I know, the bracelets were scattered in stores all across New England as well as in a few stores close to home. I told my mom about the brand and she fell immediately in love too. The bracelet I chose is the JFK pattern: red, white and blue of course! It is connected with a little metal anchor through a loop. It is such an adorable statement that can be worn daily or can be dressed up depending on the outfit. I loved the bracelet so much that by the end of the trip, I purchased a white Croffix Sailing Belt too. I chose the white rope so that I would be able to wear it with everything, and I could not be happier with my choice! The leather is extremely soft and flexible and the inside has adorable madras like pattern. These two items are now staples in my accessories wardrobe. The items were crafted with very durable materials and there has been no sign of wear whatsoever despite all the use!



Since this summer, I have been on the lookout for some of their new lines and products and I have been very impressed. One thing that came out towards the end of the summer was the Cape Codder Bag Collection and I am in love with the Barnstable Bag. In the description on the website, it is a “wood-framed canvas bag of the 1960’s.” I love the satin lining and mahogany wood handles. In the picture on their website, Sarah modeled the bag with navy lace high-waisted shorts and a white oxford. I could see myself using this as my regular bag throughout the summer. It’s small enough to not mind carrying around, but big enough to fit what you need. The bag is perfection.

Another product I’ve taken note of is the Five Point Fox Neckwear. Although I am not a man, I adore these ties. Kiel seems to have a deep love for foxes and it is very fitting that he came up with a tie showcasing the furry creature. If I had a significant other, you can bet I would pick one of these up for them.

One item I am crazy about is the Vickers’ Bow Bracelet. When I saw the preview on Facebook before the big release, I let out a big squeal. Sarah came up with a product that finally gives women a feminine way to wear bowties. I have always been so envious of boys being able to wear such adorable bows around their neck, and this bracelet is the answer I was looking for! There are currently seventeen different pattern choices, and I’m sure there will be more to come. I am particularly fond of the Nantucket Summer Regatta Pattern, but I may be a bit bias due to my love for all things nautical. Perhaps I will ask for this as a graduation gift?

One final item for today’s post is the Vickers Leed Headband. Again, the use of bows adds a girly flair to a usually simple accessory. The blue and white Capewind Sands headband is an adorable staple piece. It can make a statement all on its own or provide a finishing touch to an already bright outfit. I would love one of these to add to my collection.

Overall, I think you get the point that I absolutely love the KJP brand as a whole. From their bracelets, to their belts, to their bags, and to their men’s pieces, each item has a distinct flair and design that entices any New England summer lover. I can’t wait to see what’s in the future for KJP and I am sure that this will not be the last time I talk about them. Check out their links below to find out more.
Xo- Boo


[All photos are from the Kiel James Patrick website. I do not own any of them.]
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment