Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lilly Pulitzer: Spring 2013



Lilly Pulitzer’s Spring 2013 collection has just been released, and I think I’m in love. The past few season releases have disappointed me a little in the fact that there were several cheesy patterns and color choices that seemed incohesive. This season Lilly has made a comeback. The collection as a whole is the big ball (or fabric) of sunshine I’ve been waiting for to get out of this overcast winter misery. I stopped by our local Lilly store to hand in my job application a few weeks ago and had an opportunity to look at the new line in person. The website does fool the eye into thinking the colors are subdued. In person they are bright; and by bright, I mean neon. The pink of the Rylan Dress popped in the window of the store in comparison to the pastel prints next to it. After looking at it for a good minute or two, I really began to love this piece. It’s fun, bright, and puts a smile on my face. I think the orange tones ground the print enough so that it’s not too much. The cut of the dress is also impeccable. I love the fitted top with the cap sleeves and the full skirt below the waistline. This might be an item I will be picking up in the near future.

            Another piece I really liked in person was the Posey dress. I have always been in love with Lilly’s white dress collection. Everything is simple, yet sophisticated. I bought one of the white dresses from last spring while I was in Cape Cod this summer to wear as my graduation dress, but I might just have to get this one instead. The white lace is to die for and the fit and flare silhouette is perfection. Even after graduation, I’m sure I could use this dress for many other occasions. Pop a bright belt on, like the Bow Tie Belt, add a sweater, and you have a fun outfit to wear for a special occasion or even just a night downtown. This dress is a perfect 10.



            A statement piece that has come back into style more recently is the patterned blazer. More are more designers are giving the blazer a revamped look and Lilly is no exception. The Malibu Blazer is a fun twist on an old classic. It is tailored in a way that it can be thrown on with a pair of jeans or dressed up with a solid colored dress and heels. The piece comes in pink or blue stripes as well as a fun floral print; there’s no question that this coat would be the center of attention of your outfit. I will warn everyone that the pink and blue striped patterns are extremely bright, but as long as you’re willing to stand out (in a good way), it shouldn't be a problem.

            One of my absolute all time Lilly favorites is back; the Callahan short. Lilly’s shorts have been my secret weapons since I can remember. They are my go-to during the summer and I never go on a trip without at least a pair or two. With this particular pair, a Beach Twill fabric was used to wick away any moisture and hold the color of the pattern better. This quality makes these shorts perfect for any beach day. The classic pink and green pattern makes the world seem a little bit brighter and I feel that with these shorts, I’d be ready to take on the world (or maybe my days working in the store this summer).

            Overall, I adore the new collection for this spring. The bright colors and the flawless cuts make any girl swoon for what I am calling this season’s must haves. I highly recommend going to your closest Lilly store to see the items in person and try them on. They definitely have a different look than they do online, and I think it’s for the better. I have not tried anything on yet, but I’m sure the fit is the same as always. Lilly has not disappointed me yet, and I’m sure it never will. That’s all I have for now, but I will talk to you guys again soon!
xo-Boo


[All photos are from the Lilly Pulitzer website. I do not own any of them.]

No comments:

Post a Comment