Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Welcome


    The Preppy Opinion
What is preppy? Some may say it's a clothing style, an attitude, a trend, an adjective. For me, it's a lifestyle. Every day, I subconsciously make tiny decisions that exhibit my love of the prep life. If I'm downtown with friends and we're trying to decide which store to go into, of course I am going to choose the Lilly store over the boho shop up the street. It's not because I discriminate against other styles, I simply enjoy looking at the bright colors and patterns of Lilly Pulitzer over the neutrals and pastels of other brands. Vineyard Vines, Ralph Lauren, and J.Crew are other examples of the clothing that fills my wardrobe. Simple, bright, modest pieces are put together to create something personal.

Although I appear to be emphasizing clothing, I should remind you that fashion is not the only piece of a preppy life. It also involves an interest in boating, traveling, and sitting by pool. Friday nights are spent at the Yacht Club where people end up talking with everyone they know in town for four hours then grab some food quickly before the kitchen closes. None of these interests or actions individually define who we are, but together, they tell others that we are someone who lives a preppy lifestyle.

What I've described so far is just a little piece of my life. My hope is that over the next few months, maybe years, I will be better able to explain my life and preppy values through these posts. Thank you for reading, and I'll hope you'll come back soon!
xo - Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment