Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pretty in White


For some, graduation is right around the corner. I personally have less than 2 weeks until the big day and I could not be more excited! With graduation comes a new journey with a lot of unknown paths. This is the time we get to explore something outside of our comfort zone and grow as a person. This is something I am more than ready for. I have gone to school with a majority of the same kids since kindergarten; I think it’s time to go our separate ways. High School has been an interesting experience that at the moment, I don’t think I’ll miss too much, but I think that’s the way all seniors feel. Before I can start my new journey, I need to make it across the state to get my diploma. You know what that means, time to pick a graduation dress!!


The Posey Dress

   
The Sandrine Dress

Finding a graduation dress has been on my mind for over a year now. Last summer while I was in Cape Cod, I found a Lilly store that was having a sale and purchased an adorable white halter dress that I thought I would use for graduation. I was super excited to have purchased it so far in advance and I thought that meant I was done. Unfortunately for my parents, that was not the case. By December, my mom and I were less excited about the dress I had picked out. It was cute, but not very me. Lilly then soon came out with a new white line and we were hooked. I had my eyes fixed on the Posey dress for a while; the scoop neck at the top was adorable and the cinched waist with a poof was darling. When I got into work at my local Lilly store, I looked at the dress and was less enthused. It had a much heavier material than I expected and was a little too poufy for my liking. Although still an adorable dress, I figured that this was not the right dress for graduation. I looked around some more and then my grandma helped me pick out the Sandrine dress. She loved the lace detail and I did too. The cut of the dress is, for lack of better words, impeccable. I love the way it fits my torso and the skirt has just the right amount of girly flair. The back creates a point of interest as the straps thin out and come towards the center. It’s both visually interesting and super comfortable. Too add even more detail, there are mini pearl-like beads sewn onto the seams of the front of the dress (as pictured above). How adorable is that? This dress could not be more perfect and I am so happy with my decision! [[Note: At my school, we have to wear white shoes to graduation, so I will be pairing this dress with my white pair of Jack Rogers!]] I will be sure to post pictures after the big day! That’s all for now.

Xo-Boo

[[all photos are from lillypulitzer.com]]

No comments:

Post a Comment